NOTE 23 January 2014: New posts are no longer posted to this blog. New stuff at my new blog, Please go there! All old and new posts are there, and you can also comment, too!

Monday, January 23, 2006

A nice long bike ride alone. How I spent my sixth anniversary of car-freedom, Sunday January 22nd, 2006.

After a drunken night at the bad fashion party, Sunday wound up being a "me-on-my-own" day; a good way to celebrate my divorce from cars on Jan 22, 2000. What better way to celebrate than by taking a long bicycle ride? I haven't had one in quite some time, and the weather was good for it. I decided to do an "All-Peninsula" ride; heading up through North Portland to the end of land at Kelley Point Park-the furthest north the city goes. If you remember from this post, I had intended on getting all the way to Kelley Point back on Nov 23rd of last year, but didn't due to time constraints. Today Kelley Point was the do-or-die goal.

Getting ready to leave, I remembered that I was going to borrow a digital camera for this ride, but conveniently forgot. Oh well. Everything on this ride I've seen before, right?

I won't bore you with the specifics of every turn on this ride, since I conveniently mapped it right here. Now I shall say how neat the Google Maps Pedometer thingy is! Originally I estimated the overall distance of the ride at about 20 miles. Then mapping it out I find out that I was fifteen miles off! The total mileage was around 37, yeeps! A longer ride than I thought it would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm no longer allowing new comments on this blog. You can comment on the exact same post on the new blog. Go find it over at

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.