THIS BLOG IS DEAD.

NOTE 23 January 2014: New posts are no longer posted to this blog. New stuff at my new blog, http://urbanadventureleague.wordpress.com/ Please go there! All old and new posts are there, and you can also comment, too!

Sunday, June 03, 2012

PDX-Oly-Astoria Tour, Day 5: Coast Bound

A special mid-day post! This may be my last wifi connection for a couple days, better use it wisely!

Last night I rode 14 miles from Olympia southward to Millersylvania State Park. The skies were dark but illuminated by a full moon when I arrived to camp. I had no intentions to do after-dark riding on this tour, but the invitation to camp with other comix artists rather than stay with my ho-hum host was too good to pass up. Plus it hones my "setting up camp in the dark" skills.

It was a fun night and I drank probably too much and stayed up late. Yet I woke up earlier than most and was way more prepared in the morning than anyone else. Ah, camping with car-camping cartoonists. Compare this with any Cycle Wild trip.

Departing Millersylvania I decided to take the more meandery route that stays east of I-5, since it's quieter and more scenic than the westside.

20 miles later, I'm back in Centralia for lunch and a grocery stop. Then another 20 miles southwest to Rainbow Falls to camp for the night. And then tomorrow afternoon: The Coast!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having a good time. Enjoy the tour!

    ReplyDelete

I'm no longer allowing new comments on this blog. You can comment on the exact same post on the new blog. Go find it over at http://urbanadventureleague.wordpress.com/

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.